Stepping Stone offers a comprehensive portfolio of planning and implementation services to help customers successfully develop, manage and enhance their international web presence. We can effectively address the business and technical challenges of web globalisation.
Our team has a rich background ranging from multilingual computing through to international communications. A key benefit of working with our seasoned team is that you’ll implement an optimal solution fast and cost-effectively.
Stepping Stone provides:
- Site Analysis to understand what content needs to be localised. Is your company going to localise the whole website into target languages or are you planning to come up with optimised versions?
- Cultural assessment of the source content to understand whether we can use a straightforward translation or whether some pages would require heavy cultural and regional adaptation. We can advise you which slogans, logos, graphics and colour schemes would need to be changed depending on the cultural nuances of the target country.
- Technical infrastructure assessment to determine whether your site components can support your localisation objectives.
- Translation to adapt your text and media for maximum impact within your target market. We have experienced teams of translators and editors with a solid background in either technical or medical fields. Depending on your business we will select linguists with good understanding of your industry. One of the most important elements of any website translation is making sure an appropriate writing style is chosen. As websites are created by companies to perform certain marketing functions, linguists involved in web localisation projects must have very good transcreation skills. They must be able to adapt the text depending on the target country and target audience. Every web translation project goes through multiple quality checks to ensure the highest quality of the final product.
- Linguistic and functional testing to correct any issues such as corrupted characters, cross browser incompatibilities, truncations, incorrect layout, links not working, etc.)